This summer has been pretty incredible, so far. I have been lucky enough to go back to Oxford and see some unforgettable things the city has to offer. I was so captured by my trip I wanted to create my Oxford Travel Bucket List to inspire others to explore the city and to remind myself to discover more of Oxford.
When I go out on day trips, weekend breaks or even longer trips, I find it is easy to get swept up in the excitement and wonder of a new place that I either forget to visit important, once-in-a-lifetime sites or that I run out of time to do everything I want to do. So before going on new adventures, I’ve started to make bucket lists. These lists aren’t to take the spontaneity out of my trips, quite the opposite actually.
They remind me of what I really want to see and do but they’re not the be-all and end-all. I always inevitably get inspired by people, events or off-the-beaten-track sites I hadn’t heard about and I add them to my days’ itinerary. It’s always important to remember to live in the moment when you go on new adventures. But before then, I hope you enjoy my Oxford Travel Bucket List and get excited and fired-up to explore a new place.
My Oxford Travel Bucket List
- Visit the Bodleian Library – ✔
- Marvel at the Radcliffe Camera architecture – ✔
- Walk around Oxford Castle
- Explore Oxford University Museum of Natural History
- Walk around Oxford Botanic Garden
- Discover the Covered Market Oxford
- See the Bridge of Sighs – ✔
- Climb the Tower of University Church of St Mary the Virgin
- Enjoy a visit to Oxford University’s Colleges – ✔
- Go to the History of Science Museum
- Shop on Broad Street – ✔
- Amble around the beautiful and old-fashioned streets – ✔
- Walk around Radcliffe Square – ✔
- Take a tour of the Divinity School – ✔
- See the Martyr’s Memorial Monument
- Buy books at one of the largest Blackwell’s Bookshop in the U. K. – ✔
- Eat at Pauls – ✔
- Take a Harry Potter tour of Oxford
- See the granite cross representing the Oxford Martyrs – ✔
- See the Saxon Tower – ✔
- Marvel at Cornmarket Streets’ 14th-century building – ✔
- Drink cocktails at The Varsity Club
What do you think of my Oxford Travel Bucket List? Is there anything I’ve missed off that you think I should inlcude? Feel free to get in touch and I will add them to my list!